Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Your answer will appear here...

No. All you need to do is make an appointment. So why not contact us.

You are entitled to an eye examination paid for by the NHS if: - you are under 16 years of age -you are under 19 years of age and in full time education - you or your partner are getting income support - you or your partner are getting family credit - you are over 60 years of age - you suffer from glaucoma - you are over 40 years of age and have a family history of glaucoma - you require certain types of complex lenses - you are registered as blind or partially sighted

On average about every two years. Certain people may require more frequent examinations. For example diabetics or people who have a family history of glaucoma. Children should also be seen at least every year and in many cases every six months. We will advise you when we would recommend your next appointment, and our computerised recall system will automatically send you a reminder when you are due.

You can apply for help towards the cost of eye care by submitting a HC1 form to the NHS. These forms are available at most Opticians, Dentists, Post Offices and Benefit offices.

If you are under 16, under 19 and in full time education, you or your partner receives income support or family credit you will get help towards the cost of glasses. If you require complex lenses you may get a small allowance.

They don't! Modern lens materials mean that lenses can be made much thinner and lighter nowadays. Frames can also be lightweight and durable; modern styles are also very neat and ideal for higher prescriptions.

As always follow the advice of your Optician, they will be only pleased to ensure that you are looking after your contact lenses (and your eyes) properly. Never be tempted to cut corners when it comes to cleaning and disinfecting your lenses.

Many people with astigmatism - (irregular shaped eyes) can now be fitted with contact lenses. Gas permeable contact lenses will correct moderate degrees of astigmatism quite well. In higher degrees of astigmatism special types of lenses called toric lenses can be used. These can be soft or gas permeable. Even monthly disposable toric soft lenses are available.